Kawartha Football Academy
Extraordinary results require extraordinary efforts. From Team Meetings, to Film Study, to Practice, and then to Game Day, the Academy aims to perfect all factors of preparation to ensure success when it counts.
Understanding what is takes to earn your stripes. The Academy promotes competition every second of your enrolment, from competing for a spot, to competing for a Championship.
With Student-Athletes coming from all over, you will have the opportunity to rise as a leader, whether it be in the weight room, Pre-Game speeches, or in your Position group, we will expect you to rise. Iron Sharpens Iron, Leaders Make Leaders.
Training Camp in August, the Season taking place throughout all of the Fall, and then Off-Season Training in February, it'll take all of us to achieve our goals. Put in the Work, have Trust in the Process, and collaborate in the world greatest Team Sport.
Why the Academy?
The goal of the Kawartha Football Academy is to promote its best Student-Athletes in the Kawartha and surrounding area. In the pursuit of being your best self, Kawartha Football and its Student-Athletes strive for excellence in the classroom, community, and on the field. Kawartha Football brings innovation to the football community, which includes higher measures of Student-Athlete accountability, recruitment support, leadership opportunities, and player development in both in-season and off-season. We look to compete against the elite teams of Ontario, allowing our Student-Athletes to achieve their goals.
- Practices begin August 16th and will go from 6-8pm on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Players will also have Team Meetings, Team Bonding Activities, and Private Training Opportunities throughout August and going into the Season.
September - November
- Games will begin going into September and can go as late as the end of November. There will be 8 Games. Competition will be against Select Ontario High Schools. Please see who we compete against, as it includes Niagara Falls Powerhouse AN Myer Marauders, and defending National Champions the Huron Heights Warriors.
- Players and Coaches will travel by Team Bus. If Players are from south of the 115 Hwy (Clarington, Cobourg, Courtice, etc.) and if the Team Bus is headed toward that direction, we will pick Players up on the way to the game.
- All Practices (including Training Camp) will take place at Holy Cross Catholic School in Peterborough at their new Turf Field Facility.
- After the Fall Season, we will schedule 3 Indoor Practices. 1 will be located in the gymnasium for a Team Workout. 1 will be located at the Hastings Indoor Turf Facility for a Team Practice. The Final one will be an integrated practice against another High School Team in Ontario.
January - March
- After the Christmas break, athletes will return to the program with once a week Indoor practices at Hastings Indoor facility, as well as once a week meetings to continue their growth of the game from a virtual perspective. This is our Off-Season Training period, as Players will also be directed to Private Training Opportunities, but from our once a week practices, these will lead up to our Spring Game early April, finishing off our 2022 Academy Program before letting the kids go for the Summer.
- The Total Player Fee for our 8 Month programming (August 2022 - end of March 2023) is $1100.00, and includes a Player's Swag Package, Access to Game and Practice Film on HUDL, 6-9 Regular Season Games, 1 Integrated December Practice, Off-Season Training, 1 Spring Game, travel on busses, access to Turf Facilities for Practices, Officiating, and Game Day Uniforms. Players will keep their jerseys at the end of the Season.
Players will need to send in*:
- $200.00 before July 3rd
- $300.00 before August 3rd
- $600.00 before September 3rd
Player Fee Total of $1100.00 for 8 Months of High Performance Football Programming.
*This is a structured payment method for all athletes. Players are still able to join the team anytime before September 3rd, but must be caught up with payment before receiving equipment from the program.*
Step 1: Fill out the Player Recruitment Form below with accurate information.
Step 2: Please send $200.00 as an E-Transfer to email@example.com as part of your Commitment Fee to the Academy. Your $200.00 will go towards your total Player Fee for our Academy program, while also confirming your spot for our July 24th ID Camp. ALL PLAYERS at the ID Camp will receive their Academy Player Shirts.
Step 3: Await our email response for further information. We will send over Insurance information, as well as updates on our Season Schedule, Coaches, and Training Opportunities.
Please Complete the Player Recruitment Form below. More information will be emailed to you regarding next steps once you are officially entered into the System as a Kawartha Football Prospect.
All Spots for the 2022 Roster are filled! We hope to have you join the KFA Otters in 2023
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions on our Academy program.