2021 Registration Info
2021 Age Divisions
Junior Varsity, players born in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Senior Varsity, players born in 2002, 2003, and 2004.
As we wait for the league and our Public Health unit to allow a full return to contact football, the Peterborough Otters will be running a Flag Football and Lineman program to keep our athletes active and allow them to continue developing their skills. Our Flag Football will follow the standard Football Canada 7v7 Flag format, which includes full field, 4 Quarters (12 minutes), special teams, and QB's can run. The internal-program Flag seasons will end in some cross over games and league tournaments as permitted under the OPFL return to play guidelines. Our Lineman program will involve these players practicing their technical skills, competing against other linemen, keeping them in a competitive football environment, and preparing them for the return to contact. Linemen may also participate in the 7v7 Games as either a Centre or a Pass-Rusher.
The Tryout/Combine Fee is $75.00. This Fee will be used to determine the division of 7v7 Teams.
If the Tryout Fee was in before January 31st, the Spring Fee is $200.
If the Tryout Fee was in after January 31st, the Spring Fee is $300.
Player Insurance is included in the cost.
Players will receive an Otters Spring shirt to wear when attending both the internal and external 7v7 Games.
Players must have cleats, a mouthguard, shorts with no pockets, and a personal water bottle.
1 Evaluation Date, 22 Practices, and 11 7v7 Games (34 Sessions)
May 31st to August 14th (11 Weeks), Practices are Monday and Wednesday nights for Junior Varsity, Tuesdays and Thursdays for Senior Varsity, with 7v7 Games scheduled on Friday nights under the lights at Thomas A. Stewart Secondary School. (External 7v7 Games may be subject to Weekend dates. More information will be provided to those that Register).
Tryouts will take place Saturday, May 29th
Health & Safety Acknowledgement
All players and coaches will have to fill out the Health and Safety Acknowledgement Waiver for Otters Spring Football 2021.
All payments can be made by E-Transfer to
We are only accepting the $75.00 Tryout Fee at this time.
We will begin taking Spring Fees starting March 22nd, and all Spring Fees must be in before the first 7v7 Game.
- When filling out your Tryout Information, please be sure that all information is accurate, including email, phone number, and other contact info.
- The Peterborough Otters Tryout Fee is a non-refundable $75.00 fee, and must be completed by April 8th in order to attend Tryouts.
- The Peterborough Otters Spring Registration Fee must be in before the first Friday of our Spring Program, or else that player forfeits their spot in the program.
- Only 50 players MAXIMUM are permitted to be in each the Junior Varsity and Senior Varsity Age Groups.
- The Peterborough Otters Spring Program may be subject to delays due to COVID-19, and could experience a later end date. The Peterborough Otters Spring Program's goal is to provide 11 Weeks of athletic programming to all participants, but will satisfy the Registration Fee by holding a minimum of 8 Weeks of athletic programming (25 Sessions minimum).
- If the Peterborough Otters do not meet the minimum of 8 Weeks of athletic programming due to the COVID-19 Response Framework restrictions, but have met 5 Weeks or more, a refund of 70% will be made to all participants.
- The Peterborough Otters Spring Program, if needed, will delay itself to the latest time of August 27th, 2021. The program will not delay anytime further past this date.
- Any player who has to leave the program due to medical reasons, and who provides a doctor's note explaining said reason, will be entitled to a pro-rated refund. Withdrawal notification must be made in writing to the President and Head Coach no later the 30 days from injury/illness.
- Any player who leaves their team FOR ANY REASON after the start of league play will not be entitled to a refund.
- A player may receive up to 30% of their refund between the time of Tryouts to before the first practice, as per the Kawartha Football Registration and Refund policy.
- No refunds shall be issued until the Registrar confirms that all club equipment / property has been duly returned.
- By filling out the information below, you agree to the above said information, and intend to participate in the Kawartha Football and City of Peterborough endorsed program, and must follow all Kawartha Football and City of Peterborough protocol to ensure a safe Return to Sport environment.
- After filling out the information below, a Tryout Waiver will be emailed back and must be filled out and returned before participating at Tryouts. The Health and Safety Acknowledgement Waiver will follow after the players' Tryout dates.